Yes, yes, I went ahead and got all mathy on you. Believe it or not, it's Vincent's fault.
So now that it's cleaned to my liking, my apartment is pretty great. I was afraid Jeff thought I was a huge cleaning nazi freak when I started scrubbing everything, so I waited until he wasn't around to reclean all the dishes, pots, pans, and silverwear and then returned them exactly where I had found them. I admit that actually was cleaning nazi freak-like, but better safe than sorry!
Jim and Valerie left on Thursday, which I was very happy about. They were of course two and half hours behind schedule, so before they left they said they didn't have time to put their cars in the garage and asked me if Jeff and I would be willing to do it. I said sure (mistake). Here's what came next: "Oh, the only thing is is that you'll have to move some stuff to make room for the cars [translation: there will be one million things in your way, one of which will be an ENORMOUS bookshelf]. Oh, and Jim's car is broken, so you'll have to push it in." Yeah. And as if that weren't bad enough, while we were helping them pack up their car, Jim goes, "I hate to do this to you, but would you guys cut the grass this weekend?" Me (in my head): You have zero chance. Jeff (aloud): Absolutely! No problem!
Other than his insane enthusiasm for doing ridiculous favors for people, Jeff and I have been getting along really well. We're still a bit unnecessarily formal around each other (apologizing to and thanking each other all the time for asinine things), but I don't think that'll last too much longer. We've been studying for our qualfying exams for the past couple of days together and have been taking turns cooking dinner (he told me the broccoli I made was the best he'd ever had!). I was a little worried when he came home with Hamburger Helper, Ramin, and Spaghetti-Os the first night, but so far it hasn't been a problem.
In other news, qualifying exams suck. I took Complex Analysis today and don't think I passed. It actually really sucks because I messed on one problem that should have been really easy and I think that if I hadn't, I would have passed. Oh well. I have Advanced Calculus/Linear Algebra on Wednesday and Topology on Friday. I'd really like to pass those two, so I guess I should go back to studying.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Posted by
Nico
at
1:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|