I'm afraid schoolwork is getting in the way of my posting. Anyway, here's an update before I post the pictures:
I think there might be something going on between Marc and Giada. This is of course mere speculation, but from the very beginning I had the impression that she liked him, but he wasn't that into her. But last night they were a little closer than usual and today she went into the kitchen and when she saw him she started yelling (and cursing) at him in Italian. After dinner she asked if she could speak with him, so they went into his room to chat. They seem fine now. Hmm.
I met my final apartmentmate, Ilaria. She's from Sicily and is really nice. Last night she made a dessert (I don't really know it was, but it was good. It was a bowl of small, dry cookie things baked with some sort of apple sauce) and kept encouraging me to eat more. I'm worried she might smoke though, which would be really depressing. I haven't yet smelled it on her or seen her do it, but sometimes when I walk past her room, I vaguely smell smoke. If the situation remains this way, then I'll be fine.
I was totally followed by some crazy guy from the bus today. It was really scary. He was on the bus with me and kept asking me questions in English, to which I kept giving very short, only semi-true answers. Then, when I got off the bus (at some random stop), he got off too! I pulled out my little map to figure out where I needed to go and he came up to me and was like "Follow me, I can show you. I live over this way." I said that I knew where I was going and started walking really fast (I also took out my cell phone). He kept following, but was walking much slower. When I turned the corner of the street I needed to be on and he was out of site, I broke out into a sprint (I really could have hurt myself because the ground was very wet and slippery). Then I ran into two girls in my Italian class and pretended like nothing happened.
I watched an Italian movie yesterday called Notte prima degli esami (The night before exams). It is the Italian equivalent of an American trashy teen movie, and was therefore glorious. It had everything every other teenage American movie has ever had all wrapped into it: teenage pregnancy, wrecking father's Porsche, failing out of high school, drugs, etc. I highly recommend it.
Marc made pasta (with red sauce) today and it was pretty good. For lunch I had fresh bread and fresh mozzarella. How delicious. Talking about it is actually making me hungry again. I may have to go get some bread and nutella.
OK, so it appears I was wrong about the whole Marc and Giada thing. I just took an hour and a half nutella break in which I talked to Giada alone (by the way, she's totally out of her mind and therefore, hysterical). She apparently still likes her ex-boyfriend. This is kind of weird to me because on the first day that I met her she told me that she's never had a boyfriend before. Oh well. Alright, I'm afraid I'm too tired to post the pictures. I have to get up early for class (2 hours of history and then 2 hours of Italian), but I promise to post them soon.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Posted by
Nico
at
5:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|