So I decided to cancel my Teach for America interview for tomorrow. Deciding was an agonizing process (ask Vincent), but if I'm being completely honest with myself, I'd rather go to UMASS. I figure I can always substitute at local high schools or help out at some after school program in Amherst.
To keep you updated in terms of grad school, here's where I stand:
Columbia - rejected (it was quite devastating)
Brown - rejected
Michigan - rejected
Berkeley - rejected
Stanford - rejected
UMASS - accepted
Nebraska - accepted
Maryland - waitlisted
UPenn - haven't heard (assuming rejection)
Wisconsin - haven't heard (assuming rejection)
BU - haven't heard (assuming rejection)
Been a rough few months. I knew it was hard to get into grad school, and I figured I wasn't likely to get into many, but I can't say I anticipated getting rejected from 9/11 schools. But I do like to think that everything happens for a reason - I visited UMASS this past weekend and really really liked it. There's a really good chance that's where I'll end up. The grad students were all really nice, and the other seven prospectives for next year were great.
As if I haven't done enough waiting, I'm also expecting news about the NSF fellowship any day now. It's terribly unlikely I'll get it, but if I do I'll be able to afford an apartment like this or this or this!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Posted by
Nico
at
11:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|