Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'm officially all caught up with uploading pictures onto facebook. If you haven't yet, go look at them (if you're not too busy of course)!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, things have been pretty busy. I took two oral exams this past week. The Italian one was insanely easy. It was just like a regular class: we all just sat down and talked to each other about the book we read and the movie we watched. Then it was over and we all went out for pizza (the pizza I got was DELICIOUS!). The history one was harder, but I'm pretty sure I could have told him anything and he would have passed me. I also got sick, which was rather tragic. Then I had to do the written part of my Italian exam, which was annoying but simple enough. I've also been busy with the incredible amounts of drama that has surrounded housing for next year. I won't bore you with the details, but it was essentially this: there is a girl no one wants to live with that really wants to live with us and no one wants to hurt her feelings. Then people started saying that maybe they don't even want to do a co-op. Then there were lots of discussions about it and now it looks like we're going to go for the co-op after all. We'll see what happens.

But anyway, now I'm back. I think I've finally chosen my classes. I'm sad to say I will not have a 4 day weekend, only a 3 day. But Thursday I only have an hour of class and the director of the program told me if I ever want to travel to just not go. You've got to love the Italian schooling system. So I think I'm going to take Italian Literature that covers Dante, Boccaccio, Petrarca, and some others that I'm not familiar with, Geometry IV that deals with differential geometry, and Modern Art History, which of course means the Renaissance. I'm not extremely interested in art history, but I do think it would be a pretty cool thing to take in Italy. As long as it's not like the one I sat in on the other day. The professor spoke a million words per minute and the subject matter seemed pretty boring. Hopefully this one will be better.

So I found out Francesca plays the harp. I find that interesting. I also found out that she had a friend stay with her in the apartment for a month and a half. That seems rather excessive and kind of inconsiderate. Oh, and apparently she disappeared for a month. I think she went to Ferrara.

Okay don't laugh, but I was dragged to a beginners salsa class today. Yeah. Actually, it wasn't as bad as it could have been and the steps were pretty simple. But still.

I want to end by talking about the delicious pasta I made today. So simple and so excellent. Tomatoes, olives, garlic, and fresh mozzarella. Wonderful.