In case you guys are interested in Italian politics, Berlusconi won the election. Even though every Italian I asked told me it was going to happen, I'm still a little surprised. Everyone here is so much more interested in politics and seems to be very informed. I found out that in the elections after World War II, something like 96 percent of the population voted. The numbers have been declining over the years, but I think they still generally get a turnout percentage in the high 80s. I actually know someone from Sardegna (which is WAY south of here), who went home just to vote. You'd think with that kind of devotion they'd be able to elect a better candidate.
In other news: housing. Most stressful thing ever. And I wasn't even there! I ended up in Agard in room 206. Agard is one of the nicest dorms on campus (it has a beautiful kitchen and porch!) and my room is decently large, so I'm pretty happy. It kind of sucks, though that a lot of my friends (including ones from my pick in group) ended up in different buildings. But what can you do? It'll be an interesting year.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Posted by
Nico
at
11:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|